Vultr, high performance, SSD storage, 16 locations

HOW TO: Gaming and games on Linux

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Refalm, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Refalm

Refalm rafalm is idot die Führung

Minecraft:
    Refalm
  2. Jens14

Jens14 Verwaltungsbeamte

Re: HOWTO: Gaming and games on Linux

Easier to just use Windows...

3. Refalm

Refalm rafalm is idot die Führung

Minecraft:
    Refalm

If you take operating systems to the context of employer-employee, then Windows is a slightly defeatist employee that overall does the work, but fucks up big time sometimes, doesn't ask what to do and does things anyway, and never knows exactly what you want. He also needs a lot of training on how to properly do CD burning or professional photo editing for example. Most clients want to work with this prick for some reason, so he can't be fired.

The other employee Linux, can do anything, does the job extremely well, never fucks up, and asks you first before doing anything drastic. He needs some instruction working with stuff that Windows' clients have brought, but after a small training session, it all works fine. Most clients go to Windows anyway, because Windows is a dick, and people wrongfully feel he can get the job done faster.

4. Mostly Hairless µC

Mostly Hairless µC Verwaltungsbeamte

By that description as an employee I am Linux, although I spend most of my time at work writing software for Windows as that's where the money is. Maybe when all is said and done I'm just a whore 8)

5. Zeu5

Zeu5 New Member

Linux all the way. Sadly, I'm forced into using Windows on my main computer. My hardware just isn't well-supported on Linux and I don't feel like writing my own drivers. I have big demands lol

6. Kotsende Kat

Kotsende Kat Blop blop blop die Führung

Minecraft:
    Resdayn

Lol, linux fanboys. Windows is just fine. The user friendliness of Linux is bullshit. Linux might be better for servercrap but that's it. For someone like me (and I'm 1337 with computers) Windows just works fine. I've tried Linux once, and when I wanted to install Skype, it wanted to fucking download Windows fonts. Why the fuck do you need Windows fonts for Skype? Alright... whatever. It tried to download the fonts... error. It couldn't even download the fonts from sourceforge. What the fuck. The first installation ever on a clean installation of Ubuntu... FAILED. First impression: Windows kicks Ubuntu's gay ass.